Violette de Bordeaux Dwarf Fig TreeFicus carica 'Violette de Bordeaux'
Fan of the Black Mission Fig? You’re going to adore this long-loved Dwarf Fig! The Violette de Bordeaux is a highly sought-after French variety with deep almost-black skin and wonderful flavor. This tree naturally grows smaller than other fig trees, making it perfect for gardeners with smaller spaces or growing in pots!
Availability: In stock
- Size: Single 5 Gallon
- Shipping Size: 25″-35″ tall (excluding pot)
- Light Needs: Full Sun/Part Shade
- Growing Zones: 7-10
- Mature Height: 8-15′ Naturally Dwarf Tree
- Harvest: Early Summer/Fall
- Does Not Ship To: Alaska, Hawaii
- 2-3 Year Old Tree
- Fruits in just 1-2 years
- Also called ‘Negronne Fig’
- Excellent variety for cooking and baking or eating raw!
- Dark purple skin and berry-pink flesh
- Pick when deep in color and soft
- Large, tropical-looking leaves, highly ornamental
- Fig Trees fruit twice a year. Once in early summer and once in fall.
- The first crop of the year is called the ‘Breba’, usually a small harvest
- The second crop is the ‘Main’ crop and is usually the larger harvest
- Easy to grow
Care TipPlant in organically rich soil with good drainage. Water regularly until it becomes established. Takes partial to full sun and requires pruning once a year to to help promote new growth in the spring.
|Light Needs||Full Sun, Partial Shade|
|Bloom Color||Brown, Purple|
|Box Dimensions||47 × 11 × 11 in|
|Item Weight||20 lbs|
|-40 to -30||3||-40 to -34.4|
|-30 to -20||4||-40 to -34.4|
|-20 to -10||5||-28.9 to -23.3|
|-10 to 0||6||-23.3 to -17.8|
|0 to 10||7||-17.8 to -12.2|
|10 to 20||8||-12.2 to -6.7|
|20 to 30||9||-6.7 to -1.1|
|30 to 40||10||-1.1 to 4.4|
|40 to 50||11||4.4 to 10|