Mexicola Avocado Tree
Mexicola Avocado Tree, or Persea americana, is a decorative evergreen bearing an abundance of delicious fruit in mild climates. Will grow to 40' or can be pruned to fit your space. Prefers to have a nearby cross-pollinator tree. Adding edibles to your garden provides a dual purpose to your landscape.
- Single 5 Gallon
- Vigorous grower, produces heavy crop
- Most cold hardy and heat hardy of all the varieties (cold hard to 20-22 degrees)
- Type A pollinator (needs a B pollinator to produce a good crop, we recommend planting with a Fuerte)
- Grows up to 40 feet full maturity, but can be pruned to stay shorter
- Blooms mid spring- early summer, fruit ripens August- October
- USDA growing zone 8b-11
Out of stock
Care Tip :
Avocados need to be planted in organically rich soil with excellent drainage. Water regularly and more frequently during the growing season of February-September. It is best to also fertilize your avocado February-September as well. Plant in full sun, on the south side of your property to protect the tree from extreme wind. Plant 8-10 feet away from buildings. Apply a frost cloth over your young tree during hard frost.
If your area is experiencing any form of extreme weather; Please leave a 'Customer Note' at checkout to let us know when is best to ship your package(s).
Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop
Be the first to know about