Kieffer Lime Semi-Dwarf TreeCitrus hystriz
A conversation starter for sure! The Kieffer Lime tree is a chef-prized variety for it’s culinary uses. You can use the rind and leaves in the same way you would use bay leaves! Very popular in Asian cuisines for curry, soups and stews. This evergreen citrus tree is easy to identify by its unique double-leafed foliage. Highly fragrant foliage can also be used in everything from potpourri to DIY cleaning ingredients.
Availability: In stock
- Single 5 Gallon
- Highly Fragrant!
- Used in Asian cuisine for rind, zest and leaves!
- Also Called ‘Thai Lime’, ‘Makrut Lime’ or ‘Kaffir Lime’
- Gorgeous Rich Green Foliage with Unique Double-Leaf
- Round Lime-Green Fruits with Pear-Shape and Bumpy Rind
- Shipped at 2-3 years old
- Expect Fruit in 1 year
- Mature Height: Tree will reach 6-10 ft tall
- Can be kept short by pruning
- USDA Growing Zones: 8-12
- USDA does not allow us to ship this product to Arizona, Texas, Florida, Alaska, Hawaii and Louisiana
Care TipGENERAL CARE INSTRUCTIONS : Plant in organically rich soil with good drainage. Water Citrus regularly during the first growing season to establish a deep extensive root system. Once the citrus tree is established you can reduce the frequency of irrigation. To encourage healthy new growth, add a general purpose fertilizer before spring time and prune during winter. Citrus Trees require high-nitrogen fertilizer regularly to thrive. Look for a fertilizer specifically formulated for Citrus Trees.
|Water Needs||High, Moderate|
|Light Needs||Full Sun|
|Box Dimensions||47 × 11 × 11 in|
|Item Weight||20 lbs|
|-40 to -30||3||-40 to -34.4|
|-30 to -20||4||-40 to -34.4|
|-20 to -10||5||-28.9 to -23.3|
|-10 to 0||6||-23.3 to -17.8|
|0 to 10||7||-17.8 to -12.2|
|10 to 20||8||-12.2 to -6.7|
|20 to 30||9||-6.7 to -1.1|
|30 to 40||10||-1.1 to 4.4|
|40 to 50||11||4.4 to 10|