Kieffer Lime Semi-Dwarf TreeCitrus hystriz
A conversation starter for sure! The Kieffer Lime tree is a chef-prized variety for it’s culinary uses. You can use the rind and leaves in the same way you would use bay leaves! Very popular in Asian cuisines for curry, soups and stews. This evergreen citrus tree is easy to identify by its unique double-leafed foliage. Highly fragrant foliage can also be used in everything from potpourri to DIY cleaning ingredients.
Out of stock
- Size: Single 5 Gallon
- Shipping Size: 30″-36″ tall (excluding pot)
- Growing Zones: 8-12
- Mature Height: 6-10′
- Harvest: Leaves in Summer/Fruit in Nov-Feb
- Does Not Ship To: Alaska, Hawaii, Texas, Florida and Arizona.
- 2-3 Year Old Tree
- Fruits in just 1-2 years
- Highly Fragrant!
- Used in Asian cuisine for rind, zest and leaves!
- Also Called ‘Thai Lime’, ‘Makrut Lime’ or ‘Kaffir Lime’
- Gorgeous Rich Green Foliage with Unique Double-Leaf
- Round Lime-Green Fruits with Pear-Shape and Bumpy Rind
- Can be kept short by pruning
- Rootstock C-35
Care TipGENERAL CARE INSTRUCTIONS : Plant in organically rich soil with good drainage. Water Citrus regularly during the first growing season to establish a deep extensive root system. Once the citrus tree is established you can reduce the frequency of irrigation. To encourage healthy new growth, add a general purpose fertilizer before spring time and prune during winter. Citrus Trees require high-nitrogen fertilizer regularly to thrive. Look for a fertilizer specifically formulated for Citrus Trees.
|Water Needs||High, Moderate|
|Light Needs||Full Sun|
|Box Dimensions||47 × 11 × 11 in|
|Item Weight||20 lbs|
|-40 to -30||3||-40 to -34.4|
|-30 to -20||4||-40 to -34.4|
|-20 to -10||5||-28.9 to -23.3|
|-10 to 0||6||-23.3 to -17.8|
|0 to 10||7||-17.8 to -12.2|
|10 to 20||8||-12.2 to -6.7|
|20 to 30||9||-6.7 to -1.1|
|30 to 40||10||-1.1 to 4.4|
|40 to 50||11||4.4 to 10|