“Kadota Fig Tree”Ficus carica 'Kadota'
This amazing fig tree produces yellow-green figs with pink-amber flesh. A favorite variety for drying. Fig trees are regarded as one of the easiest types of fruit trees to grow for beginner gardeners.
Check Back Soon! This Item Will Become Available In Just 2-3 Weeks!
Availability: In stock
- Size: Single 5 Gallon
- Shipping Size: 25-40″ tall (excluding pot)
- Light Needs: Full Sun
- Growing Zones: 7-10
- Mature Height: 15-25 ft
- Harvest: Aug-Oct
- Does Not Ship To: Alaska, Hawaii
- Excellent variety for cooking and baking or eating raw!
- Yellow-Green skin and amber flesh
- Pick when yellowing in color and soft
- Large, tropical-looking leaves, highly ornamental
- Fig Trees fruit twice a year. Once in early summer and once in fall.
- The first crop of the year is called the ‘Breba’, usually a small harvest
- The second crop is the ‘Main’ crop and is usually the larger harvest
- Easy to grow
Care TipGENERAL CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Water regularly until it becomes established. Takes partial to full sun and requires pruning once a year to to help promote new growth in the spring.
|Water Needs||High, Moderate|
|Light Needs||Full Sun|
|Bloom Color||Brown, Purple|
|Growth Habit||branching, Upright|
|Box Dimensions||47 × 11 × 11 in|
|Item Weight||20 lbs|
|-40 to -30||3||-40 to -34.4|
|-30 to -20||4||-40 to -34.4|
|-20 to -10||5||-28.9 to -23.3|
|-10 to 0||6||-23.3 to -17.8|
|0 to 10||7||-17.8 to -12.2|
|10 to 20||8||-12.2 to -6.7|
|20 to 30||9||-6.7 to -1.1|
|30 to 40||10||-1.1 to 4.4|
|40 to 50||11||4.4 to 10|