Call Now Button
Fuerte Avocado Tree
Persea americana x ‘Fuerte’
The Fuerte Avocado, or Persea Americana X ‘Fuerte’, is a producing tree and a perfect way to add edibles to your landscape. You'll need two for cross-pollination. This tree can be 35' at maturity or pruned to work with your landscape.
- Native to Southern California
- Cold hardy down to 28 degrees, lower heat tolerance than other varieties
- Type B pollinator (needs an A pollinator to produce bountiful crop)
- Grows up to 35 feet with wide sprawling canopy at full maturity, but can be pruned to stay shorter
- Blooms May to November, Ripens November to April
- Fuerte is an excellent companion for the Hass variety as cross pollinators
- USDA growing zone 9-11
Care Tip :
Avocados need to be planted in organically rich soil with excellent drainage. Water regularly and more frequently during the growing season of Feb-Sept. It is best to also fertilize your avocado Feb-Sept as well. Plant in full sun, on the south side of your property to protect the tree from extreme wind. Plant 8-10 feet away from buildings. Drape a frost cloth over young trees during hard frost.
NOTE: Shipping Monday-Wednesday during warm weather.
Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop
Be the first to know about