Dwarf Yaupon HollyIlex v. ‘Nana’
Dwarf Yaupon Holly, or Ilex V. ‘Nana’, is an alternative option for small hedges or structure in formal gardens. Naturally mounding, they take to shearing or can be left to grow in their natural shape. The small dark leaves remain all year long on this evergreen shrub. This is a good low-maintenance choice.
- 1 Gallon 4 Pack or Single 5 Gallon
- A refreshing substitution to boxwood
- Can be used in window boxes, borders or placed in larger landscapes
- Fast grower, grows naturally in a low mounding shape
- Mature Size: 3-4′ x 4-5′ tall and wide.
- Evergreen shrub with scarlet pea-shaped berries
- Full sun, although some shade can be tolerated
- Drought tolerant
- Deer Resistant
- USDA growing zone 7-9
Care TipPlant in organically rich soil with good drainage. Water moderately. Will thrive in full sun but can tolerate some shade.
|Light Needs||Full Sun|
|Growth Habit||Compact, Dense|
|-40 to -30||3||-40 to -34.4|
|-30 to -20||4||-40 to -34.4|
|-20 to -10||5||-28.9 to -23.3|
|-10 to 0||6||-23.3 to -17.8|
|0 to 10||7||-17.8 to -12.2|
|10 to 20||8||-12.2 to -6.7|
|20 to 30||9||-6.7 to -1.1|
|30 to 40||10||-1.1 to 4.4|
|40 to 50||11||4.4 to 10|