Black Mission Fig Tree
Ficus carica 'Mission'
Black Mission Fig Trees are the most popular Fig trees grown here in California.
- Single 5 Gallon pot
- Excellent variety for cooking and baking or eating raw!
- Dark purple skin and berry-pink flesh
- Pick when deep in color and soft
- Large, tropical-looking leaves, highly ornamental
- Fig Trees fruit twice a year. Once in early summer and once in fall.
- The first crop of the year is called the 'Breba', usually a small harvest
- The second crop is the 'Main' crop and is usually the larger harvest
- Black Mission tends to have less fruit splitting than other varieties
- Easy to grow
- USDA zones 7-10
- Full Sun to Part Shade
Care Tip :
GENERAL CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Water regularly until it becomes established. Takes partial to full sun and requires pruning once a year to to help promote new growth in the spring.
Due to Extreme Heat across the U.S. we strongly recommend some locations defer shipping until weather permits. *Please leave a note at checkout if you wish for your order to be held until weather cools down.
Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop
Be the first to know about