Black Mission Fig TreeFicus carica 'Mission'
Black Mission Fig Trees are the most popular Fig trees grown here in California. Fig trees are regarded as one of the easiest types of fruit trees to grow for beginner gardeners.
Out of stock
- Size: Single 5 Gallon
- Shipping Size: 25″-35″ tall (excluding pot)
- Light Needs: Full Sun/Part Shade
- Growing Zones: 7-10
- Mature Height: 40′ tall x60′ wide
- Harvest: Early Summer/Fall
- Does Not Ship To: Alaska, Hawaii
- 2-3 Year Old Tree
- Fruits in just 1-2 years
- Excellent variety for cooking and baking or eating raw!
- Dark purple skin and berry-pink flesh
- Pick when deep in color and soft
- Large, tropical-looking leaves, highly ornamental
- Fig Trees fruit twice a year. Once in early summer and once in fall.
- The first crop of the year is called the ‘Breba’, usually a small harvest
- The second crop is the ‘Main’ crop and is usually the larger harvest
- Black Mission tends to have less fruit splitting than other varieties
- Easy to grow
Care TipPlant in organically rich soil with good drainage. Water regularly until it becomes established. Takes partial to full sun and requires pruning once a year to to help promote new growth in the spring.
|Water Needs||High, Moderate|
|Light Needs||Full Sun, Partial Shade|
|Growth Habit||branching, Upright|
|Box Dimensions||47 × 11 × 11 in|
|Item Weight||20 lbs|
|-40 to -30||3||-40 to -34.4|
|-30 to -20||4||-40 to -34.4|
|-20 to -10||5||-28.9 to -23.3|
|-10 to 0||6||-23.3 to -17.8|
|0 to 10||7||-17.8 to -12.2|
|10 to 20||8||-12.2 to -6.7|
|20 to 30||9||-6.7 to -1.1|
|30 to 40||10||-1.1 to 4.4|
|40 to 50||11||4.4 to 10|