Bacon Avocado TreePersea americana 'Bacon'
Harvest your very own avocados in just 5 years! The Bacon avocado is cold hardy and produces a rich creamy fruit to be enjoyed on salads and toast! Yum!
- Cold hardy Avocado tree down to 26°
- Bacon Avocado has a mild flavor that is suitable for enjoying with toast or salads
- Creamy, buttery texture
- Plant height (excluding can) 37″ tall
- Medium-thin skin similar to Hass
- Ready to harvest December-March
- USDA growing zone-9-10
- B Type Avocado *We highly recommend planted next to A Type Hass
Care TipAvocados need to be planted in organically rich soil with excellent drainage. Water regularly and more frequently during the growing season of February-September. It is best to also fertilize your avocado February-September as well. Plant in full sun, on the south side of your property to protect the tree from extreme wind. Plant 8-10 feet away from buildings. Apply a frost cloth over your young tree during hard frost.
|Light Needs||Full Sun|
|Growth Habit||Tall, Upright|
|Box Dimensions||47 × 11 × 11 in|
|Item Weight||20 lbs|
|-40 to -30||3||-40 to -34.4|
|-30 to -20||4||-40 to -34.4|
|-20 to -10||5||-28.9 to -23.3|
|-10 to 0||6||-23.3 to -17.8|
|0 to 10||7||-17.8 to -12.2|
|10 to 20||8||-12.2 to -6.7|
|20 to 30||9||-6.7 to -1.1|
|30 to 40||10||-1.1 to 4.4|
|40 to 50||11||4.4 to 10|